Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Second 45/45 Game: Quiescence Errors

My second game in the 45 45 league can be seen with annotations here. Two tactical errors, which I would have avoided by simply thinking through the natural move sequence, destroyed me. I also played horribly in the endgame, missing an obvious attack that would have given me some chances. Hence, a loss as black.

Thanks to Sancho Pawnza for going over the game with me afterwards. He also taught me the basics of K/B/B and K/N/B vs K mating patterns. I've got the K/B/B down (yippee!) but the K/N/B mate is pretty tricky. I can't yet do it within 50 moves.

2 Comments:

Blogger King of the Spill said...

Yeah, it is tough after losing a pawn outright so early. I see you have advanced, as you really have a clear sense about the material mistakes.

7/05/2006 04:31:00 AM  
Blogger katar said...

In that endgame, i thought winning the exchange for a pawn was not worth allowing White's connected passed pawns. You are thinking at a high level, but you just made a couple optimistic errors. Thanks for posting.

7/05/2006 06:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home