Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ugh

75 problems in Circle 3.5 after a tiring 13 hour work day. Luckily on this 5th circle, I am solving them pretty fast without thinking anyway. To my surprise I got 'em all right.

On the days in my program when I do lots of problems (>50) I start to make new mistakes: similar patterns emerge, but ever so slightly altered so I confuse them. This is helpful, as to avoid making mistakes I must look around the whole board to make sure the "recognized" pattern is really there. Hmm. I just remembered I posted about this phenomenon during circle 2.14, in a much more coherent post, probably written at an hour when people should be awake (post with an example of two patterns I confused is here).

5 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

I'm about 1300. Right now I'm at 1342, but that's a bit inflated I think.

3/17/2007 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

BDK,

Any idea how I can comment on J'adoube's site? I tried to post using the side bar chatter box but my posts don't show up when I refresh.

(wishing it was like the old way where we can comment on posts)

Left out.

3/17/2007 09:08:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

BP: I haven't had any problems getting on his sidebar. I just type in the message and my username and it shows up...

Do you get an error message or anything?

Yes, losing comments on a blog is a big loss for everyone.

3/17/2007 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

BDK,
I figured it out. McAfee was munching it. I had to add fooble.com on my do not warn list.

3/18/2007 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

A weak back rank and an absolute pin are brutal seeds of tactical destruction. 31.... Rc1 seals it for Black. Instead of Rc7, White might have had a better chance with g3 to allow Rc7. White had a nice position and getting control of he 7th rank is powerful. But like I've been posting lately on my blog, when one get's a good position ( or gains material), the cost is initiative. Black in this game took advantage of that and saw the seeds of tactical destruction.

Cool game... nice.

3/18/2007 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home