Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Guten Abend!

A new Knight has joined our ranks: welcome, Abend, into the world of tactical silliness. Abend's blog already has some very good software reviews (e.g., a review of the new release of PCT, which includes opening study), and even has a cool trick for installing custom piece graphics on Convekta software.

Karpyan seems to be MIA, so I've updated my sidebar.

Also, I wanted to give a shout-out to an interesting blog that I hadn't seen before, by blogger XY, who has been discussing a lot of chess lately. He seems to play blitz exclusively, but has been discussing de la Maza's articles some lately, most explicitly here. He has been hashing out some interesting stuff about thought processes in chess for a few posts.

3 Comments:

Blogger XY said...

Thanks for the links.

I do play blitz mostly, but pretty long ones, mostly 5 14 if I find someone to play with (2 12 is okay too, but I never play 5 0). I also play some 5 15, which counts as 'standard' on FICS. So it's either the longest possible blitz or the shortest possible standard. :)

4/04/2007 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger Robert Pearson said...

BDK, thanks for pointing out xy's blog--I've been perusing the archives and it's good stuff, chess and non-chess items both.

4/04/2007 04:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both good additions :)

I loved that piece changing hack!

http://theriseandshinegoodknight.blogspot.com/

4/08/2007 02:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home