Friday, October 10, 2008

Whatever happened to the chess carnivals?

About a year ago, Jack Le Moine had a great idea, to start chess blog carnivals. It seems to have died after a few issues. Say it ain't so, Jack! One of you young whippersnapper bloggers with some time should revive it. You can start new carnivals here, or just do it on your own. Carnivals are a good way to keep track of the best in the blogosphere.

If anyone wants to do it, just leave a comment here and we'll try to promote it. It's a great way for new bloggers to instantly increase their readership.

7 Comments:

Blogger Polly said...

When Jack first proposed the idea at the USCF forums it inspired me to start a chess blog. I had been doing my triathlon blog for a couple of years so it just seemed natural to start blogging about chess.

I'd be interested in seeing another chess blog carnival.

10/10/2008 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger likesforests said...

Yeah! Count me in if someone takes the time to put it together. :)

10/11/2008 09:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea. The ideal host would be chessloser, but ...
I would definitely participate.smgkdnu

10/12/2008 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

RP--chessloser is riding a donkey in Mexico so I think he wouldn't be the best, but his contributions would be good!

10/12/2008 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger tanch said...

Likewise, bdk.

Would be great to know of other chess blogs as well.

cheers

10/13/2008 08:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Le Moine doesn't have the energy to implement it. We should really be talking to Jack LaLanne.

10/14/2008 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger James Stripes said...

I read this post a few weeks ago, but did not respond then. However, I was thinking about your idea a few days later when I created a modest
World Championship Carnival
.

I managed to blog every day during the recent World Chess Championship in Bonn, following most of the games live. I created the carnival as WCC filler on one of the rest days.

Thanks for the suggestion.

11/03/2008 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home